ACCRA, April 12, 2017 – In its ambition and vision to rebrand the Ghana Olympic Committee (GOC) and Ghana Sports in general into the position of a sports brand of choice, the GOC leadership has constituted a strong 18-man Media Relations Sub Committee chaired by Mr. Herbert Mensah, President of the Ghana Rugby Football Union, who is also a member of the GOC Executive Board.
Renowned broadcast journalist, Mr. Osei Asibey, formerly of Happy Sports, now President of the Ghana Arm Wrestling Federation has also been appointed Communications Director of the GOC with Mr. Kenneth Obeng Adade as Press Officer.
The composition of the Media Relations Sub-Committee is made up of experienced professional sports journalists from recognized media institutions and organisations in the country.
The GOC in the coming days will release the full list of members of the other eight sub-committees to start the RENAISSANCE AGENDA.
MEDIA RELATIONS SUB COMMITTEE
· Herbert Mensah – Chair
· Mawuko Afadzinu
· Charles Osei Asibey – Director of Communication
· Kenneth Obeng Adade – Press Officer
· Sammy Heywood Okine – (Online)
· Maurice Quansah – (SWAG)
· Michael Oti-Adjei – (TV3 Network Ltd)
· Moses Antwi Benefo – (Global Media Alliance)
· Benedict Owusu Danquah – (Multi Media Group)
· Chris Nunoo – (Daily Graphic)
· John Vigah – (Ghanaian Times)
· Tony Bebli – (EIB Group)
· Nana Danquah Gyasi – Network Broadcasting)
· Dan Kweku Yeboah – (Despite Group)
· George Lomotey – (GBC)
· Kwabena Asante Nfodwo – (GAR, E/R, V/R Rep)
· Bright Kankam Buadu – (A/S, B/A, N/R Rep)
· Alex Kobina Stone – (W/R, C/R Rep)