A new executive committee has emerged at the 17th Ordinary General Assembly holding in Djibouti, the Djiboutian capital.
Ivorian Lassana Palenfo re-emerged unopposed to lead the Association of National Olympic Committees of Africa (ANOCA) over the next quadrennial – 2017 to 2020.
Palenfo ran unopposed after his opponent; Cameroonian Malboum Kalkaba was suspended over alleged ethics violation.
In the contest for the 1st Vice-President, Mustapha Berraf defeated the SAM Gideon Napoleon of South Africa 36 – 18.
Sam, who was earlier disqualified, was cleared after he made a case that his country did not receive the invoice to make the payment invoice.
The upset in the election was ELGASIM HASHIM Ahmed Abu of Sudan, who defeated the incumbent Secretary-General, Tommy Sithole, 38 – 16.
Nigeria’s Habu Ahmed Gumel was returned unopposed after his opponent Gambian ABOU WADDA Ousman withdrew from the race.
How they emerged:
Position of President/ Name NOC Current Position
- Int.General PALENFO Lassana — Yakire Cote d’Ivoire
ANOCA President – NOC President/ Current President
- For Position of 1st Vice-President
A. Mr BERRAF Mustapha — Algeria
– ANOCA 1st Vice President – NOC President
- For Position of 2nd Vice PresidentMr DA COSTA AFONSO ALEGRE Joao Manuel — Sao Tome & Principe – ANOCA 2nd Vice President – NOC President
- For Position of 3rd Vice President
Mr HA SHUN Hao Thyn Voon — Mauritius
– ANOCA 3rd Vice-President – NOC President
- For Position of 4th Vice President
Ms MOILOA-RAMOQOPO Matlohang — Lesotho
– ANOCA 4th Vice-President – NOC President
- For position of Secretary General
ELGASIM HASHIM Ahmed Abu –Sudan
– NOC Secretary General
- For position of Treasurer General
GUMEL Habu — Nigeria
–ANOCA Treasurer General – NOC President. ##