NYON, January 10, 2019 – The 43rd Ordinary UEFA Congress will take place on Thursday 7 February 2019 at the Roma Cavalieri Hotel, Via Alberto Cadlolo, 101, in Rome, Italy. The Congress, which is UEFA’s supreme governing organ, meets annually and is attended by senior representatives from each of UEFA’s 55 member associations.
The event will start at 09:30 CET and will finish at 13:00 CET approximately. It will be followed by a press conference in the same location – approximately 30 minutes after the completion of the Congress – with UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin.
The main items on the agenda for the 43rd Ordinary UEFA Congress include:
• UEFA Annual Report
• Reports of the committee chairmen
– UEFA President (for a four-year term)
– UEFA Executive Committee (eight members, including at least one female, for a four-year term)
– FIFA Council (two FIFA vice-presidents for a four-year term, one ordinary member for a four-year term, and two ordinary members for a two-year term)
• Ratification of a new representative of the European Club Association (ECA) on the UEFA Executive Committee
• Ratification of new members of the UEFA Organs for the Administration of Justice
Media wishing to request accreditation for the Congress are asked to inform UEFA by sending an email email@example.com with the words “UEFA Congress Rome” in the subject header by Friday 1 February 2019 at 12:00 CET.
A limited number of seats in the Congress hall will be available for media representatives, who will be able to attend the whole session. The Congress will also be streamed live on UEFA.com. A media working area equipped with Wi-Fi will be available. Media wishing to bring along a SNG truck and/or broadcast via cellular streaming from the field must inform UEFA Media & Public Relations by 15 January 2019.
Prior to the Congress, the UEFA Executive Committee will meet on the afternoon of Wednesday 6 February 2019 at the Rome Cavalieri Hotel in Rome. No media activities are planned for this event.
Note to editors:
An information session with UEFA Chief Refereeing Officer Roberto Rosetti will take place on 6 February at 18:00 at the Hotel Cavalieri to present how VAR will be used in the knockout rounds of the UEFA Champions League. A separate invitation to media will be sent in the coming days in this respect.